Make a statement of style and values with this dramatic dark purple necklace set. Cascading in a double layer and made with eco friendly tagua nut - this artisan necklace is sure to create a memorable look and bring on the compliments. Buy this fair trade necklace in confidence, knowing that your purchasing power is being used for good - directly encouraging our artisans and supporting their goal of a sustainable, dignified livelihood.
- The bib necklace consists of two rows of 14 tagua beads, sliced thinly and beveled by the artisan.
- Each bead is approximately 1.25 inches by 1.5 inches (3 cm by 4 cm).
- The entire length of the necklace is 36 inches long (90 cm) on cotton with a sliding knot to keep the beads in place.
- The sliding knot gives you the flexibility to tie it at the length most suitable to your neckline
- Matching earrings are included in this set.
About tagua: The beads are slices of tagua nut, a very hard nut, similar in appearance to ivory. As each bead is slightly different, you will be able to see variations and striations, giving the necklace an organic look and feel. Tagua nuts are harvested in the Ecuadorian Amazon rainforest. This renewable and valuable resource helps to prevent the slash and burn clearing of the rainforest.
With the bold colors we are known for, this piece of statement jewelry is made to our standards of Fair Trade, provides a sustainable income for our team in Ecuador, and only the highest quality, organic components. The purchase of this listing includes a donation to local projects in Ecuador, including the Cotacachi Scholarship Fund to encourage indigenous children to complete high school.
All products are made in Ecuador and held in the US for fast shipping×
Many of our products support sustainable use of the Amazon Rainforest×